Unit & Title- Unit Two: Pastimes
Learning Outcomes After Ss have studied the unit, they will be able to-
- Narrate incidents and events in a logical sequence
- Participate in conversation, discussion, and debates
- Read maps, charts, graphs, etc.
Class 9 5th Assignment English Answer 2022
Lesson number & title of the lesson mentioned in the Syllabus-
- Lesson 1: Have You any Favorite Pastime?
- Lesson 2: Reading Really Helps!
- Lesson 3: Change in Pastime.
- Lesson 4: Change in Pastimes in Bangladesh.
- Lesson 5: Pastimes Vary
(Assignment – 2) :
Pastimes may change from generation to generation. Take an interview with your parents or grandparents or elderly people in your family. Know about their pastime activities and take notes on them. Also, think about the pastime activities of your generation. Write the differences and mention why these differences have taken place.
- Body/Description: (para or para title may vary assignment to assignment)
Pastimes may change from generation to generation.
Time passes on and the test of the people changes inevitably. Pastimes have been a part and parcel of our daily life. It stimulates man’s faculty of work and accelerates his vigor and energy. But change is the fashion of the day. In every sphere of life, change is obviously found. It is mostly because of the development of Science and Technology, way of life availability of modern amenities. Now the young people are becoming more and more interested in computer games, Facebook browsing, chatting, and video games. Internet connection through mobile operators has taken the whole world in the grape of our young generation.
I asked my parents, grandparents, and elderly people in my family about their pastimes. They answered the questions. I took notes on them. The notes are as follows-
- Note-1: My sister enjoys her pastimes by reading newspapers,
- magazines, and books.
- Note-2: My father enjoys his pastimes by gossiping with friends at a tea stall and watching the news on Television.
- Note-3: My mother enjoys her pastimes by gossiping with family members, sewing Nakshi Kanthas and preparing pithas.
- Note-4: My elder brother enjoys his pastimes by reading newspapers and discussing them with his friends at a tea stall.
- Note-5: My grandmother enjoys her pastimes by gossiping with her grandchildren.
- Note-6: In his pastimes, my uncle reads newspapers and watches talk shows on television.
Now the young people are becoming more and more interested in computer games, Facebook browsing, chatting, and video games. Internet connection through mobile operators has taken the whole world in the grape of our young generation.
নবম শ্রেণির ৫ম এসাইনমেন্ট ইংরেজি
Differences between Pastimes:–
There are some differences between the pastimes enjoyed by the seniors and the juniors in our community or family.
Senior people often like watching informative programs, but the juniors usually do not like it. Juniors normally prefer music, films, etc. on television.
Senior women often like to do some traditional things such as sewing Kantha, preparing pitha, or telling stories to children, but junior women are not very interested to do these. They often watch daily soaps or enjoy music on television in their pastimes.
Once origami was a popular pastime. But now robots have preoccupied. The brain of our young generation. Thus, it is widely found that significant changes are bringing about a revolutionary change in our present day’s pastimes.